Saturday, May 12, 2007

फर्स्ट दय इन देल्ही

You can't read the title? Neither can I! First day in Delhi, it says, pretty far fetched ain't it. It tooks us over 30 hours to get to Delhi (flight and transit), 4 different flights (none was on time), 3 transits (New York, London, Kuwait), so I'm pretty jetlagged at this point. Travelling with Kuwait Airways was great, cheap and empty, I upgraded myself to business class on some flights. We got to Delhi at 7:30am and spent the whole day walking around the city, pretty hardcore for a first day. The heat in Delhi isn't quite as unbearable as I thought it would of been. I haven't seen that many sacred cows yet nor did I get a good wiff of those "pee walls" (thanks to my sinus problems). The food is really tasty and quite spicy. There is one thing though, there is a shitload of people here, one can't imagine. They're quite friendly in overall and don't bother you as much as long as you stay firm and say NO. Kids are fun, they like posing for pictures. They seem to be more impressed by me than I am of them, I may have posed in more photos for Indians than they have for me... I find it quite funny as some Indians are shy to take a picture of me. They also stare a lot, perhaps more than in South America. Another thing that struck me is that Indian men are so GAY. Men actually hold hands while walking in the streets as a sign of friendship. And it's no macho man hand holding and they're not quite the machoman looking type of people. That's about it for now, I'll try to keep my blog updated with many pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it seems so interesting to analyse the behavior of the people there that seems so different from our behavior here!! You give me the desire to go to visit many unique countries too! Continue to give us this kind of crunchy details!

Hernan said...

Hola Vincent!!! Me parece genial que estes en India!!! Cuidado con las arañas...jajajajaja...yo no me atreveria a hacer algo asi :)
Disfruta de la meditacion que tiene India en su conjunto, las imagenes de colores que el paisaje te ofrece es unica en la tierra. Un abrazo desde Chile. Disfruta tu estadia en India y postea fotos, muchas fotos, jejejeje.
Suerte amigo!

Simon said...

ON est le 16. Une publication au 4 jours, c'est pas acceptable. Ca en prend plus.
Take care le gros
Sim