Sunday, July 1, 2007

What to do in Kathmandu

There are many things to be done in Kathmandu. So far I visited many temples, many monasteries, many stupas. There are a few places where monkeys just wander around, playing in the trees, stealing visitors lunches. I went to see the Swayambhunath stupa and want to take a pictere of one monkey, however he had a real bad attitude as I got closer he kind took this attack position, showing his teeth, ready to jump on me... and so I got bullied by a monkey, I didn't even take my picture... I know, I'm such a wuss. I also went to see Karma, a friend I met at the frontier. Karma is actually completing his final year to teach tibetan buddhism at his monasterym, I went to visit him at his monastery in Kathmandu, he taught me some basics about buddhism, I really enjoyed. I'm waiting for some people I met to go trekking, so I basicly waste my time bargaining around in Thamel and read. I can't wait to go trekking in the Himalayas!

No comments: