Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Agra

How could I go to India and not visit the ever famous Taj Mahal. It is absolutely gorgeous, without any doubt the nicest human construction I have ever seen. Made of pure white marble, it's beauty is indescribable. On top of that, we stayed over at the Taj View hotel, probably the nicest hotel of our trip, with a gym, a swimming pool, etc. It was quite relaxing and the food exquisit. The only thing unpleasant are the sellers, they just don't let go here, more than anywhere else in the world, believe me. However, getting to Agra is a pain, or should I say quite an experience. We went there by bus, it was my first Indian driving lesson outside Delhi. Rule number 1 : Always honk, even if there's no reason to. Rule number 2 : watch out for the cows. Rule number 3 : anything on wheels is a vehicule suited for the road. Rule number 4 : no overloading. Rule number 5 : overtaking is the key to a shorter trip, even with incoming traffing. Rule number 6 : Going the wrong way is permitted. Anyways, I could go on and on like this... Just look at my pictures...




No comments: